Meet Small Town Girl Boutique's Models, Kelsey & Marley!
Always wondering what size the models are when trying to figure out what size to order?! We're answering all of those questions in THIS blog post!
Kelsey: Fun, Energetic,
Top Size: I usually wear anywhere from a small to a medium.
Pant Size: a 6-8 which is usually a medium
Favorite Food: Any grilled chicken!
What are your life plans? I am going to school to be a dental assistant, and I plan to work in a dentist office and do hair on the weekends!
Favorite Color(s): Pink & Yellow
What do you consider to be your fashion style? I consider my style to be a little boho....I love bell bottom jeans!
What's your favorite type of music? I love Dolly Parton and Reba! My all-time favorite song definitely has to be "Fancy" by Reba.
What's your favorite movie? My favorite movie is 9 to 5.
Have other questions for Kelsey? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Top Size: I wear a medium.
Pant Size: 5
Favorite Food: BBQ
What are your life plans? I am in school for early childhood education. I plan to be a teacher at an elementary school!
Favorite Color: royal blue
What do you consider to be your fashion style? My style isn't just one style! I like to combine styles together to make my own but always keep it in the trend!
What's your favorite type of music? My favorite band is Lady Antebellum, and my favorite song is "Downtown" by Lady Antebellum.
What's your favorite movie? My favorite movie is 8 seconds.
Over the last few months, I have been focusing on my "why" for my business. "Why do I have a boutique?" The answers to my "why" are what drives my business. It's what motivates me to get up in the morning, it's what inspires me to give my very best, and it's what makes my business who we are.
Let me attempt to tackle that question, "WHY do I do this?"
1. For the love of clothes! I have always loved to SHOP! I have been all the way to the Mall of Georgia to the Mall of America! That's dedication, y'all!
2. Flexibility. This year my son started kindergarten. I want to be the one that takes him to and from school. I want to be the room mom, the one that gets to go on ALL the field trips, help with the class parties...you get my drift. There was no way I could do all of that with a working 9-5 job. You mamas know!
3. My son. Two and three really go hand in hand. Being able to spend more time with your kids is NEVER a bad thing! (But a stay at their grandparents house is never a bad idea, either!)
4. To make you feel beautiful! Have you ever been in a boutique and you didn't feel welcome? Maybe you didn't feel like you were good enough to shop there? The clothes were so small you could only get your toe in the pant leg? Yeah, me too. I don't want any of my customers to feel that way!
5. You're worthy! God knew us before He formed us! We all have "things" that we don't like about ourselves, but we are enough. I am telling you, friend, that you are enough. I never thought I could glorify God through selling clothes. I "retired" from being a teacher, and sure, I could see how I could show Christ to kids, but selling clothes? I have had several customers to share their stories of how "my" clothes have made them feel beautiful. It's in these stories, that God showed me my purpose in this business.
6. YOU! I do this for YOU! I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for choosing to shop with me. You could shop from wherever you choose, but you don't.. You choose to shop with me, and for that, I am thankful!
There are probably more reasons as to why I do this little business. I am sure that as I continue down this road that my list will grow. For now, this is my why.
Market...Oh, how I love thee! When I first laid eyes upon the Mall of America back in 2008, I thought I was in Heaven, but that was just a teaser! Atlanta market is 13 stories jam packed with clothes, accessories, shoes, and more clothes!
I spent this past Saturday at market shopping for all of you guys to bring back the latest fashions at the most affordable prices! It was a tough job, but, hey, somebody has to do it.
We have lots of new things heading our way in the next few months, and we want to share our top 5 list of items that you are most likely to see this Spring!
5. Cold Shoulder- The cold shoulder look is still going strong! I think almost everyone has a cold shoulder top in their closet. If not, it's time to invest in one. We have a few on our website with more on the way!
4. Floral: We thought floral would be gone by now, right? Nope. Floral is here to stay for awhile. Floral screams Spring too, and I am most definitely ready for this Spring weather to stick around.
3.Off the Shoulder: Denim off the shoulder shirts that tie in cute little bows on the sleeve are everywhere, and they will be in our shop soon!
2. Embroidered Flowers: Some of you are going to love the look, and well, some of you are going to think it reminds you of your grandma, but it's the latest trend in the fashion world! Don't worry, we would never put you in anything that made you feel like a granny. Unless of course, your granny is a fashionista!
1. Denim: Denim shift dresses, purple denim, distressed denim...all on the way! Excuse the horrible pic. I snapped it real quick at market!
So, there you have it! Our top 5!
P.S. Ruffles and maxi dresses are gonna be big too!
We've all done it. We've all set those New Year's resolutions and haven't kept them. Losing weight, better managing finances, organization, and the list goes on...
Just a Small Town Girl boutique wants to help you be successful in your resolutions this year! Soooooo...we are offering a "new year, new you" package to one lucky customer, and it's totally free!!!
So, let's throw out the old clothes and bring in the new! We have tons of new arrivals in store(and more on the way), and we want to share them with you! One lucky person will win a $75 gift certificate! After adding some spice to your wardrobe, head up front to see Abby for a new hairstyle! (For those who may not know we are located inside Customize Cuts Salon. :-)).
We aren't going to stop there! We have networked with other small business owners to bring only the best to our customers! Spray Tans by Robin is giving away a free pink & white manicure and Beauty Rocks is offering 2 free personal training sessions as well as a free pageant coaching session to all of our pageant girls out there. And to keep you on the right track, Plexus consultant, Mandy Hanks is giving you a free trial of slim/block!
Are you tired of your make-up? Wanting to try some new colors? Shelby King is your go to girl! She will pair you with all the right colors in your free make-over as well as a free lip gloss and mascara!
Want to win?! All YOU have to do is add 5 of your shopping girlfriends to our Facebook group. That's it! You're done! We will announce the winner on Sunday, January 1 at 5! Be sure to join us on our group page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/smalltowngirlsc for Live at Five!
Happy New Year!
To book an appointment for a hair cut, contact Abby Gilreath at (864) 332-0205.
For the best spray tan around (hands down) or mani/pedi click https://www.genbook.com/bookings/slot/reservation/30327024 for available times.
To book an appointment for a makeover, contact Shelby King at (864) 940-6351.
To book your personal trainer or pageant coach, contact Raegan McCullough at (864) 314-7290.
To learn more about Plexus and what it can do for you email Mandy Hanks at email@example.com
You might have wondered (or not) how Just a Small Town Girl got its roots.
The desire to open a boutique, tanning salon, and pageantry shop (never opening a salon nor the slightest idea about cutting hair) had always been a dream of mine, but it took a back seat to my first love- teaching.
After almost 10 years in the classroom (and wondering if I could teach the rest of my life), I decided it was time to make the boutique a reality. Christmas break of 2014, I applied for my business license! The process was much easier than imagined making me wish I would have done it a whole lot sooner! Oh well, better late than never, right?
Just a Small Town Girl (fitting, since I live in a town with two red lights, used to be only one), started out in the corner of my dining room. I wish I had a picture to show you the mess! Some of you reading this remember what it looked like! After several months of selling out of my dining room, we packed up and moved into Customize Cuts Salon in Anderson, SC.
No, I didn't leave the Education World: #gottagivetheboutiquetimetogrow, #gottahaveapaycheck #stilllovetoshop #gotakid #studentloans #imanadult #twofulltimejobs
Which goes to show why it may take me a bit to respond to your text, message, tag, comment, post...you get the drift... and why you are most likely greeted by Anna or Cascee at the salon/shop! I couldn't do it without them.
I appreciate each and every one of you that have helped this small town girl live out her big town dreams!