Over the last few months, I have been focusing on my "why" for my business. "Why do I have a boutique?" The answers to my "why" are what drives my business. It's what motivates me to get up in the morning, it's what inspires me to give my very best, and it's what makes my business who we are.
Let me attempt to tackle that question, "WHY do I do this?"
1. For the love of clothes! I have always loved to SHOP! I have been all the way to the Mall of Georgia to the Mall of America! That's dedication, y'all!
2. Flexibility. This year my son started kindergarten. I want to be the one that takes him to and from school. I want to be the room mom, the one that gets to go on ALL the field trips, help with the class parties...you get my drift. There was no way I could do all of that with a working 9-5 job. You mamas know!
3. My son. Two and three really go hand in hand. Being able to spend more time with your kids is NEVER a bad thing! (But a stay at their grandparents house is never a bad idea, either!)
4. To make you feel beautiful! Have you ever been in a boutique and you didn't feel welcome? Maybe you didn't feel like you were good enough to shop there? The clothes were so small you could only get your toe in the pant leg? Yeah, me too. I don't want any of my customers to feel that way!
5. You're worthy! God knew us before He formed us! We all have "things" that we don't like about ourselves, but we are enough. I am telling you, friend, that you are enough. I never thought I could glorify God through selling clothes. I "retired" from being a teacher, and sure, I could see how I could show Christ to kids, but selling clothes? I have had several customers to share their stories of how "my" clothes have made them feel beautiful. It's in these stories, that God showed me my purpose in this business.
6. YOU! I do this for YOU! I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for choosing to shop with me. You could shop from wherever you choose, but you don't.. You choose to shop with me, and for that, I am thankful!
There are probably more reasons as to why I do this little business. I am sure that as I continue down this road that my list will grow. For now, this is my why.Save